Maia Sandu is most trusted political figure, poll

President Maia Sandu is the Moldovan politician who is most trusted by the citizens, shows a poll commissioned by WatchDog.MD Community and conducted by CBS Research. President Sandu, who was mentioned by almost 24% of the respondents, is followed by ex-President Igor Dodon, who is trusted by about 7% of those interviewed.

In a news conference hosted by IPN, WatchDog.MD head Valeriu Pașa said that 57% of the respondents could not name a political figure they trust. Out of the remaining 43%, over half named Maia Sandu. She is followed by Igor Dodon (6.9%), Ilan Shor (3.5%), Ion Ceban (2,1%), Ion Chicu (1,4%), Vladimir Voronin (1,3%) etc. The question was an open one.

“The next, closed question was about the level of confidence in the politicians put on a list and the respondents could choose one of the five variants: “a lot of confidence”, “particular confidence”, “never heard about this politician”, “no confidence at all” or “not too much confidence”. Absolutely all the politicians put on the list gained a negative score, which is more persons said they do not trust them at all or do not trust them much and fewer persons said they trust them,” stated Valeriu Pașa.

As regards the positive score, the poll revealed that the mayor of Chisinau Ion Ceban has a popular approval rating of 41.5%. He is followed by President Maia Sandu with 38.6% and ex-President Igor Dodon with 37.2%.

“As regards “a lot of trust”, almost the same percentage of respondents as in the case of the open question, 23%, said that they trust a lot Maia Sandu. She is followed by Igor Dodon with 12.9% and by Ion Ceban at a very small distance, with 12.3%,” said Valeriu Pașa.

As to the anti-rating, the former leader of the Democratic Party Vlad Plahotniuc is a clear leader with 88%. He is followed by the chairman of the Shor Party Ilan Shor with 67%, President Maia Sandu with almost 59% and Igor Dodon with a percentage similar to Sandu’s.

The survey shows that if parliamentary elections were held next Sunday, three parties would enter Parliament: the Party of Action and Solidarity with 23.4% of the vote; the Bloc of Communists and Socialists with 22% and the Shor Party with 11.3%. Almost 20% of those surveyed are undecided.

Out of the decided voters, 33.1% would vote for the PAS, 31.1% for the BCS, while 16% for the Shor Party. The National Alternative Movement led by Ion Ceban would be close to the election threshold with 4.1%.

Sociologist Vasile Cantarji, of SBS Research, said the poll was carried out by phone during January 17-26 and covered a sample of 1,001 persons.

The survey was conducted with financial support from the European Union.

Note: IPN News Agency gives the right of reply to persons who consider they were touched by the news items produced based on statements of the organizers of the given news conference, including by facilitating the organization of another news conference in similar conditions.

Вы используете модуль ADS Blocker .
IPN поддерживается от рекламы.
Поддержи свободную прессу!
Некоторые функции могут быть заблокированы, отключите модуль ADS Blocker .
Спасибо за понимание!
Команда IPN.