On the Independence Day of the Republic of Moldova, because we love our country and its citizens, the H1 team announces the launch of the Center for Monitoring and Combating Hybrid Threats.
We are doing this because we believe in the future of our country and its citizens, we believe in critical thinking, education and a future without a hybrid war... We are doing this to show you who are the people, organizations and media institutions manipulating us, how they do it and how you can protect yourself from hybrid challenges.
We are doing this because ...
- The Republic of Moldova is a sovereign, independent, unitary and indivisible state.
- Because the Republic of Moldova is a democratic state, governed by the rule of law, in which human dignity, human rights and freedoms, the free development of persons, political justice and pluralism represent supreme values and are guaranteed.
- Because the territory of the Republic of Moldova is inalienable, and the borders of the country are established respecting the universal principles and norms of international law.
- Because democracy in the Republic of Moldova is exercised in accordance with political pluralism, which is incompatible with dictatorship and totalitarianism.
- Because the Republic of Moldova has proclaimed its permanent neutrality and does not allow the deployment of foreign military troops on its territory.
- Because the Republic of Moldova is the homeland of all its citizens.
- Because a devotion to the country is sacred and defending the homeland is a sacred right and responsibility of every citizen.
- Because the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova is the nation’s supreme law.
- Because we want the Moldovan society to be educated, and to think freely and critically.
- Because we still have corrupt political parties and parties financed by the Russian Federation.
- Because we still have corrupt politicians, without integrity, who continue to be elected to public office.
- Because the PSRM faction (the Socialist Party of the Republic of Moldova) flies in corpore to Moscow immediately after the elections.
- Because Zinaida Grecenîi is the first President of the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova to give a speech in front of the State Duma.
- Because the President of the Republic of Moldova flies with the Gazprom airplane.
- Because the security weaknesses of the Republic of Moldova go beyond the realm of possibilities.
- Because Russian military troops are deployed on the territory of the Republic of Moldova.
- Because our citizens in Transnistria were manipulated against the Republic of Moldova.
- Because Gazprom is the only gas supplier and it threatens the safety of the energy sector of the Republic of Moldova.
- Because eight Russian broadcast television networks “steal” 70% of the money from the media market.
- Because the “anti-propaganda law” is insufficient in defending the media environment/information resources.
- Because out of 1128 newspapers and magazines sold in the Republic of Moldova, 960 are in Russian and the majority of them are imported from Russia.
- Because the three most read newspapers in the Republic of Moldova are Komsomoliskaia Pravda, Makler și Argumenti i Fakti.
- Because Komsomoliskaia Pravda has a bigger print than all other newspapers in the Republic of Moldova put together.
- Because Sputnik is using Russian, Romanian and Moldovan to manipulate the public.
- Because the legislation governing the media needs to be reformed immediately.
- Because we need a lot more local Romanian literary content.
- Because the Russian Federation finances over 100 organizations, media institutions, opinion leaders and political parties from the Republic of Moldova.
- Because the Russian Orthodox Church is involved in all electoral processes and is used to manipulate voters, even though the Church is independent and separated from the state.
- Because even though the Republic of Moldova is homeland of all its citizens, the spoken language, ethnicity and history are used to divide the citizens.
- Because poverty, corruption, daily habits and influences have made us unable to distinguish the normal and correct limits.
- Because the state is not doing enough to defend and protect its citizens from propaganda, misinformation, fake news and other hybrid threats.
- Because although the Informational Security Strategy has been approved, the state has not implemented it yet.
- Because we do not have public and political debates on the subject of hybrid threats, and society must be defended and protected from propaganda, misinformation and fake news.
- Because there is too little patriotism.
- Because we do not want a hybrid war.
- Because ...
We will monitor, on a daily basis, the propaganda, misinformation and fake news from the media environment of the Republic of Moldova, as well as from abroad, targeting our country and its citizens. We will show and explain who are the people, organizations and media institutions that influence us through hybrid threats, but also the ideas they promote. We will analyze the hybrid phenomena and we will present the opinions of international and Moldovan experts.
We will have a library of national and international research and documents targeting hybrid threats. We will send out regular public alerts, with the goal of trying to spread awareness of propaganda, misinformation and fake news. On a weekly basis, we will provide you with a newsletter with lots of information about those who want to, or already manipulate us.
We are doing all this because... we will appreciate you helping us continue this list and this effort on www.h1.md. We will appreciate receiving any information, ideas, thoughts or suggestions to make the “because…” list as short and as complete as possible.
Happy Independence Day, Republic of Moldova!!!
Happy Independence Day, Citizens of the Republic Moldova !!!
DISCLAIMER: Issuers of press releases – not the news agency IPN – are fully responsible for the accuracy and essence of the content submitted for publication and/or distribution.