Maib launches second wave of agile WoW teams: two orchestras and seven bands continue transformations
A month ago, maib announced the launch of two more orchestras and seven bands that will operate according to agile WoW model, developing and creating innovative services and products.
During four weeks, the 60 maib employees from the newly created orchestras took part in training sessions (agile bootcamps), including with international experts and consultants, who guided them how to apply the features of agile WoW activity in the daily activity and inspired them to be passionate about the new modern and innovative work style.
The second wave has a similar hierarchical structure to the first teams:
- The Retail Daily Banking Orchestra consists of an Orchestra Leader, a Technical Orchestra Leader, an Agile Coach and three Bands dedicated to developments on the Retail line.
- The Business Banking Segment Orchestra consists of an Orchestra Leader, an Agile Coach and four Bands dedicated to the development of SME products.
Giorgi Shagidze, CEO maib:
”The launch of the new agile orchestras proves that we are on the right path. What we aim for throughout this process is to transform ourselves into a customer centric company that delivers next level experience. Customer expectations are evolving, the competitive climate is growing, that's why we are rethinking the way we operate, the approaches that guide us and offer products and services that are aimed to meet and exceed customer expectations. I wish the new agile orchestras the best of luck and I am confident that their achievements will make a difference as added value and a customer-centric approach.”
The new orchestras will be focused on optimizing processes, launching products, new features and improving the customer experience.
Marcel Teleuca, Deputy Chairman of maib, Project Sponsor:
„Through this new wave of agile teams, we considerably expand the area of business processes in the bank. The first orchestras have already achieved results working agile WoW, and the list of achievements goes on. I congratulate the first bands launched in May, and wish a successful start and achievements to those in the second wave. Thanks to the members of the transformation team for their day-to-day involvement in the project and for the excellent organization of the launch event of the new orchestras”.
We remind you that the first agile orchestras were launched in May, this year, with the first results being recently reported at the QBR (Quarterly Business Review) Market Place event.
Why did maib initiate the agile transformation?
Several reasons led us as a bank to initiate agile transformation. Here are just a few:
1. The world is changing at a dizzying pace and it is necessary for us to change in structure, working model, internal culture, mentality, to become agile, flexible, in order to be always customer-oriented, responding to their expectations and needs and to be able to quickly adapt to changes in the environment in which we operate.
2. Technological progress, Fintech motivates us to accelerate, develop and innovate permanently.
3. "Talent war", if we want to attract and retain the best employees - it is necessary to offer them an innovative work model and environment, great professional experiences, and agile WoW is one of them.
DISCLAIMER: Issuers of press releases – not the news agency IPN – are fully responsible for the accuracy and essence of the content submitted for publication and/or distribution.