The local authorities of Pohrebeni village of Orhei district consider the fire in the house of the woman who died occurred from a short circuit and this caused the gas cylinder to explode.
Contacted by IPN for details, mayor of Pohrebeni Roman Sharkalyuk said the village is supplied with natural gas, but not all the houses are connected to the natural gas supply system. The house where the explosion happened wasn’t connected either. The fire started slightly before 6am, while the gas cylinder exploded at about 6:30pm.
The victim has two mature children who live separately. One of them lives abroad. The woman’s concubine was at work in Chisinau. Roman Sharkalyuk noted the local authorities will provide assistance to the family where it is necessary.
A 56-year-old woman died in a house blast in Pohrebeni village of Orhei district in the morning of June 3. As a result of the explosion, the house caught fire and the ceiling collapsed. The woman’s body was found partially carbonized.