A 37-year-old woman was hospitalized with injuries that she suffered in a blast in her house in Cojușna village of Strășeni district. It was preliminarily determined that the blast occurred because a heater fueled with wood and coal.
According to the General inspectorate for Emergencies, the explosion happened when the woman decided to turn on the heater that wasn’t used during the warm period of the year.
Contacted by IPN for details, the mayor of Cojușna Igor Crăciun said he is on leave, while deputy mayor Tatiana Boaghie stated that she wasn’t informed about this case and does not know details.
Rescuers recommend to invite authorized persons to check the heating systems before the start of the heating season so that repair works are done if necessary.
Update /10:34am/ Spokeswoman for the Emergency Medicine Institute Dorina Arsene has told IPN that the woman suffered burns on 30% of the body and was operated urgently. She is in a serious, but stable state.