Woman from Cantemir perishes in house fire

A woman aged 88 died in a house fire that was allegedly caused by a faulty stove in Tartaul village of Cantemir district, IPN reports.

The General Inspectorate for Emergencies said the fire stopped burning without being seen by people living nearby. The woman’s body was found by her son who alerted the emergency services. It was preliminarily established that the woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Some of the objects in the room burned partially.

Contacted by IPN, Liliana Pușcașu, press officer of the General Inspectorate for Emergencies, said the woman lived in an old house without a smoke detector. The services that set up smoke detectors in old people’s homes free of charge haven’t yet reached that village.

Sources in the local mayor’s office told IPN that the woman’s house is situated close to the house of her son’s family. The family wasn’t a vulnerable one.

According to the Inspectorate, the 1,521 fires that happened in Moldova so far this year claimed 105 lives.

Вы используете модуль ADS Blocker .
IPN поддерживается от рекламы.
Поддержи свободную прессу!
Некоторые функции могут быть заблокированы, отключите модуль ADS Blocker .
Спасибо за понимание!
Команда IPN.