A two-year-old boy fell from the third floor of an apartment block on Maria Drăgan Street, the Ciocana district of the capital. The child fell from the kitchen window, where he was with his mother at the time. He was taken to the hospital, but could not be rescued.
The police said that a criminal investigation has been initiated in order to establish all circumstances.
Police calls to parents to be vigilant and to care for their children. They should not be left unattended, even for short periods of time. The windows in the rooms where there are children should be either closed or opened upright, while the chairs and other furniture should be removed from the area near the window so that children cannot reach the window sill.