The second Moldovan woman in Italy who was suspected of catching COVID-19 tested positive. Last week, the presence of the novel coronavirus was detected in another Moldovan woman who was also in contract with an infected person, IPN.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration said that according to the Italian authorities, the samples taken several days ago tested positive. The woman’s state of health is satisfactory and she does not need to be hospitalized. She is now under quarantine at home.
The Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection said that no case of infection with the novel coronavirus was reported in Moldova during the last 24 hours. The National Public Health Agency informed about seven suspected cases of infection, in children and adults who returned from Italian risk areas. The epidemiological laboratory will perform the necessary tests in the course of March 2.
According to the data presented by the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control, about 87,000 clinical and laboratory-confirmed cases of COVID-19 were recorded between December 31, 2019 and March 1, 2020. The death toll from the coronavirus rose to 2,979 cases, 2,870 deaths being reported in China.