The explosion that occurred in an apartment building on Moscova Blvd in Chisinau on October 6 this year was due to a gas leak, but not from a gas cylinder, as it was supposed initially, but from the stove. It is presumed that the owner of the apartment where the blast occurred left the nozzle open out of negligence and the area was filled with gas, prosecutor of Chisinau municipality Ștefan Șaptefrați has told IPN.
The prosecutors are still waiting for some of the examinations to be completed so as to pronounce on the case. Most probably the case will be dropped owing to the death of the culprit.
Five persons, among whom a child aged four, were killed in the blast.