Prosecutor General Alexandr Stoianoglo filed an appeal to the Supreme Court of Justice whereby he asked to quash the judge of inquiry’s decisions by which Veaceslav Platon was allowed to come into possession of two buildings situated in central Chisinau - “Fashion House” situated on Ștefan cel Mare și Sfânt Blvd and the former ASITO Building situated on Mitropolit Bănulescu-Bodoni St, IPN reports.
According to the Prosecutor General’s Office, Alexandr Stoianoglo argued the ownership right of SRL “Continental Business Invest” and SRL “SCM Development Mol” was violated and if this violation is not put right, it can lead to Moldova’s conviction by the ECHR.
“The prosecutor general took such a step after examining the complaints filed by Vladimir Russu, who said that he was illegally dispossessed of the two buildings. Ascertaining the incorrect interpretation and application of the criminal procedure rules by the PCCOCS, which groundlessly intervened in the fundamental ownership right on April 6, 2021, Alexandr Stoianoglo annulled the ordinances issued earlier by the specialized prosecutor’s office, restoring the rights and ordering to return the two buildings to owner Vladimir Russu,” the PGO said in a press release.
In a news conference at IPN at the end of March, Vladimir Russu said that he was the victim of a raider attack. By a decision taken by the Ciocana branch of the Chisinau City Court, his private properties were transferred for use to Veaceslav Platon or the companies owned by this, one of which is mentioned in the Kroll Report. According to him, these things happened in October-November last year and he learned about them accidentally, when a cadastral document was requested.