Maib launches digital cards on the banking market of the Republic of Moldova. The digital card has the same advantages as the physical and the plastic one, but it is issued exclusively in the maibank mobile app. Likewise, the card has a number, validity period and CVV code that are always available in the app.
Why choose digital card from maib?
It’s issued quickly – the digital card can be opened at any time in maibank and can already be used in a few minutes.
It's convenient - for the digital card you can set or change the PIN code directly in maibank app, without reissuing it, if you've forgotten the PIN.
It's safe - the digital card doesn't take up space in your wallet and you can't lose it, which means that unknown people won't have access to your personal data.
It's environmentally friendly – expired plastic cards are dangerous for the environment, with tons of such waste being collected every year. The digital card is a sustainable alternative.
How do you pay with a digital card?
- Payments at the POS terminal (stores, restaurants, etc.) – you pay with your smartphone or smartwatch, adding the digital card to the Apple Wallet, Google Wallet or Garmin Pay.
- Online shopping – digital card data (number, validity period and CVV code) are available in maibank.
- Cash withdrawal – you can always withdraw money from the card at maib contactless ATMs or through the cash by code service.
How do you open a digital card?
Easy and free! Access the maibank mobile app now and choose the desired card in any of the three available currencies: MDL, EUR or USD.*
You have two digital cards available, suitable for daily use: maib daily digital and maib freelance digital.
- maib daily digital is the best card for every day. Opening and maintenance are free.
- maib freelance digital - a card intended for freelancers. Opening is free, and maintenance will be 0 MDL, if monthly payments exceed 3000 MDL/150 EUR/150 USD.
More details about digital cards from maib are available here.
Maib – simple and easy!
* the product is only available for maibank users.
DISCLAIMER: Issuers of press releases – not the news agency IPN – are fully responsible for the accuracy and essence of the content submitted for publication and/or distribution.