The number of infections with the novel coronavirus in Moldova rose to 44,361 after the Ministry of Health on September 16 reported 627 new cases and also 15 deaths. The death toll from COVID-19 now stands at 1,159, IPN reports.
Among the victims are seven woman aged between 46 and 84 and eight men aged between 42 and 94. Most of them are from the municipality of Chisinau.
As many as 2,868 tests were done today and 2,600 of these were primary ones. Secretary of state at the Ministry of Health Constantin Rymish said 37 of the 627 confirmed cases are among healthcare workers. A number of 564 persons with COVID-19 are in a serious state and 38 of them were put on a ventilator.
National Public Health Agency acting director Vasile Guștiuc said that 112 different types of facilities were inspected during September 9-15 and irregularities were found at 15 of them. A kindergarten run illegally by an NGO was found on Doina St in Chisinau. There were 15 children there. The institution was closed.
Sergiu Golovaci, secretary of state at the Ministry of Home Affairs, said the citizens relaxed and even show unwillingness to obey the imposed anti-epidemic measures. A number of 726 contraventions were ascertained last week.