Anatol Ciubotaru was dismissed from the post of director of the National Clinical Hospital “Timofei Moșneaga” on March 24, following a decision taken by the National Commission for Exceptional Situations. Under the decision, Andrei Uncuța will replace Anatol Ciubotaru, IPN reports.
After the Commission’s meeting, Prime Minister Ion Chicu said the decision to make changes in the administration of the National Clinical Hospital was taken with the aim of increasing the institution’s capacities to cope with the epidemiological challenges.
The official didn’t specify the reasons for which Anatol Ciubotaru was discharged and if the decision was somehow related to the fact that four medical workers of the National Clinical Hospital are suspected of being infected with COVID-19.
The Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection said a physician, two medical assistants and a nurse of the National Clinical Hospital are suspected of having caught the COVID-19 virus. On the initiative of the hospital’s director, the tests were performed at a private lab, but will be rerun at the laboratory of the National Public Health Agency for confirmation.
A state of emergency was instituted in Moldova until May 15. As many as 125 cases of infection with the novel coronavirus have been confirmed in Moldova so far.