Beginning in May 2022 two Orchestras and seven Bands formed in maib started working in agile WoW, WoW stands for "way of working".
After a month, during which around 70 employees trained with international experts and consultants, maib employees will put into practice the agile techniques in their areas of responsibility. They already have the roadmap to work on the first products and services which are meant to make customers' lives simpler, better and more mobile.
The first agile WoW teams will work differently than the usual hierarchical structure:
- Retail Orchestra, consisting of Orchestra Leader, Technical Orchestra Leader, Agile Coach and Bands dedicated to the development of the Retail range of loans
- Business Banking Orchestra, consisting of Orchestra Leader, Technical Orchestra Leader, Agile Coach and Bands dedicated to the development of SME lending processes.
- 7 Bands make part of these orchestras.
The bands are made up of cross-functional experts: product managers, IT specialists, risk managers, marketing managers, lawyers, etc. each of whom brings her or his area of expertise to the team. They will work on a particular banking product or service development in 2 week Sprints, and after the launch they will take over new projects and challenges.
"I would like to congratulate the first wave of agile teams reaching this stage of the project. It is both an honor and a responsibility to be the pioneer of a brand new style of banking in Moldova and in our region. I am certain that your enthusiasm, professionalism and commitment to excellence will help you develop terrific products long awaited by maib customers", Giorgi Shagidze, CEO of maib, spoke at the agile WoW launch event.
Why did maib initiate agile deployment?
There are several reasons why the bank initiated the agile transformation. Here are just a few:
1) The world is changing at a dizzying pace and we need to change ourselves, to be agile, flexible, so that we can always be customer-oriented, meeting their expectations and needs.
2) Technological progress, fintech motivating us to accelerate, develop and bring innovation.
3) The talent war, if we want to attract and retain the best employees - we need to offer them an innovative way and extraordinary professional experiences, and agile WoW is one of them.
1) Several other dedicated orchestras will be created and launched in the new working format.
2) Launching new products and services on the banking market.
3) Fascinating business experiences for employees and added value for customers.
In a single word - WoW, agile WoW.
Maib goes Agile!
DISCLAIMER: Issuers of press releases – not the news agency IPN – are fully responsible for the accuracy and essence of the content submitted for publication and/or distribution.