An intersectoral working group that will consist of representatives of all the ministries and agencies of the Government that are involved in the fight against the pandemic will be constituted as part of the Unified Command Center. The group will include representatives of the General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Home Affairs, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, the National House of Social Insurance, the National Health Insurance Company and the advisers to the Prime Minister. These will deal with any negative dynamics of the pandemic, acting Prime Minister Aureliu Ciocoi stated after the meeting of the Unified Command Center, IPN reports.
In the meeting, it was agreed that the members of the Unified Command Center will meet at least twice a week.
In another development, Aureliu Ciocoi said almost 50,000 persons have been vaccinated in Moldova by now. 98% of the doses of vaccine allocated for the first stage were used. The reserve for the second stage was stored at public health facilities. Currently, the authorities are securing new lots of vaccines for the vaccination process.
The local authorities in Bălți town requested to pitch six tents for rapid testing. The authorities of Glodeni district asked for a derogation from the general norm so that the students could physically attend schools in this district, even if this is under red alert. But this does not seem acceptable, as the official said.
According to the Ministry of Home Affairs, over 3,000 police officers and 2,500 carabineers were daily engaged in the activities to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Four reports, primarily against passengers, were compiled for presence outside between 11pm and 5am.
Aureliu Ciocoi noted a curfew was needed not in order to limit the rights of citizens. It is an action aimed at persuading the people to avoid meetings in the family, with friends and to stay at home so as to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The police say they are treated hostilely in trolleybus stations when they urge the people not to crowd on public transport.
The Border Police said that over 5 million Moldovans have crossed the border since last March, when the pandemic started. This shows the citizens are very mobile. About 120 false COVID-19 tests have been identified so far.
The state of emergency in Moldova was declared until May 30, 2021.