The resumption of regular flights on June 15 does not mean that foreign citizens will also be able to enter the country, except for those mentioned in the previous decisions of the authorities. Contacted by IPN for derails, secretary of the National Extraordinary Commission for Public Health Nicolae Furtună, director of the National Public Health Agency, said that as the last decision made no mention of the foreigners’ access, the provisions approved earlier remain in force.
The May 15 decision by the Commission provides that the foreigners and stateless persons cannot enter Moldova until June 30, except for the family members of Moldovan citizens, persons with a long-stay visa, a stay permit or a document equal in value to the stay permit and the persons who travel for professional purposes and have a visa, a permit of stay or another equivalent document issued by the authorities.
The diplomatic or consular personnel accredited to the Republic of Moldova, personnel of international organizations/missions and members of their families or personnel that can ensure humanitarian aid and passengers in transit, including those who are repatriated following the granting of consular protection, will also have access to Moldova.
The persons who enter Moldova through state border crossing points will mandatorily fill out the epidemiological form and will sign an own responsibility statement by which they will pledge to self-isolate for 14 days.
Nicolae Furtună has told IPN that the obligation to self-isolate for 14 days for persons who enter Moldova will be maintained after June 30 as the epidemiological situation in the country is disastrous. Self-isolation is a measure aimed at reducing the risk of infection with COVID-19.
According to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection, Moldova so far has got 8,795 infections with COVID-19. The death toll from the virus now stands at 314. Over 5,000 infected persons recovered.