The ninth death caused by the COVID-19 disease was recorded in Moldova. This is a man aged 79 who was being treated at the National Clinical Hospital, Minister of Health, Labor and Social Protection Viorica Dumbrăveanu stated after the meeting of the National Focal Point, IPN reports.
The minister said the man was admitted to the hospital in a serious state on March 28. Besides being infected with the novel coronavirus, he also suffered from hypertension, viral hepatitis and cardiopathy. “Each loss of life is painful, including for the healthcare system,” noted the official.
Viorica Dumbrăveanu also said that 67 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 are now in critical condition.
A number of district hospitals and the Hospital of the State Chancellery will start to accept patients with COVID-19 on April 4. The infected children and pregnant women will be referred to Chisinau.
Of the 591 infections reported so far, 502 are cases of local transmission. As many as 232 infections were recorded in the municipality of Chisinau. The Transnistrian region reported 35 cases of infection.
Among the nine casualties are two doctors, one from Chisinau and one from Soroca.