The Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection, which now treats persons infected with COVID-19, resumes work accosting to its general specialty on May 18, IPN reports, quoting Minister of Health, Labor and Social Protection Viorica Dumbrăveanu.
After the meeting of the Single Command Center, the minister said the hospital started to admit patients with COVID-19 on March 17 and 288 infected persons have been treated since then, out of the total number of 1,223 patients. Since the persons with mild forms of COVID-19 began to be treated at home, the flow of infected patients at hospitals decreased. There are now 43 hospitalized persons with the novel coronavirus.
Viorica Dumbrăveanu said that given the outbreak at the non-COVID-19 “Saint Trinity” Municipal Hospital, it was decided that all the infected patients will be transferred from there to hospitals treating persons with COVID-19. After disinfection procedures, the hospital will continue work according to its specialty.
At the temporary placement center for persons with disabilities in Cocieri, Dubăsari, 74 persons were confirmed with COVID-19. These were all transferred for treatment to the Clinical Psychiatry Hospital of Chisinau and their state of health is satisfactory. Also, ten employees were hospitalized and ten are to receive treatment at home.
At the placement center in Brânzeni, Edineț, 71 beneficiaries have been confirmed with COVID-19 so far and 47 of then recovered. Also, 23 employees contracted the virus. Six of them were hospitalized, nine are treated at home and the rest recovered.
As many as 113 new infections with COVID-19 were confirmed on May 6, 20 of which among healthcare workers.
As many as 227 infected persons are in a serious state and 26 of them were put on a ventilator. The number of infections with the novel coronavirus in Moldova now stands at 4,476. As many as 143 infected persons succumbed to the disease.