Child who died in Gribova house fire was in relatives’ care

The child aged two who perished in a house fire in Gribova village of Drochia district on February 24 and the 11-year-old boy who was hospitalized were cousins. The two remained at home alone as the older boy’s mother went to the shop. The mother of the younger child worked abroad.

The mayor of the village Igor Grozavu said the house was seriously damaged by fire and the family cannot live there. The boy aged 11 was hospitalized, while his mother stays in the house of her parents in the same village. The authorities intend to provide financial support to the family. The local firemen intervened swiftly, but it was too late for the two-year-old child. It is known that the younger child was near the stove.

The 11-year-old boy was admitted to the Drochia District Hospital. Contacted by IPN for details, the hospital’s acting medical vice director Nicolae Rusu said the child is in a medium grave, but stable state. He is now out of danger. He will be supervised for a period and will be then discharged from the hospital.

According to the General Inspectorate for Emergencies, the fire was most probably the result of the incorrect use of the stove. The grownups are urged not to leave the fire burning in the stove. The heating sources should be under strict monitoring so as to avoid fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Вы используете модуль ADS Blocker .
IPN поддерживается от рекламы.
Поддержи свободную прессу!
Некоторые функции могут быть заблокированы, отключите модуль ADS Blocker .
Спасибо за понимание!
Команда IPN.