The parliamentary committee investigating the bank fraud is to submit a new report on the theft of the billion by mid-October. In this report new names from the list of beneficiaries of the bank fraud will be presented. The statement belongs to MP Lilian Carp, a member of the parliamentary committee and was made on Jurnal TV. According to him, at present these names are being verified by the committee, as well as the connections between the respective persons with the three groups known in the public space: the Șor group, the Filat group and the Plahotniuc group, reports IPN.
Lilian Carp says the list of beneficiaries which was previously presented by this commission contains other names that the committee members are verifying now. "The list is much larger. We have mentioned some names that are known in the public space and which, in fact, organized the looting of money process”, says the parliamentarian. Lilian Carp says that their connection with the groups that were on the list of beneficiaries is now being verified: the Șor group, the Filat group and Plahotniuc group. "A large part of names are not known to the public," the MP explained. A new commission report is due by October 15.
Economic expert Veaceslav Negruța believes that the recovery strategy that the prosecutors presented in 2018 was nothing more than "a pot in which all the bank frauds have been gathered, since 2007 until now, and this strategy mainly concerned the non-performing loans. This strategy lacked the focus on the billion theft"
According to Veaceslav Negruță, the commission that was set up in Parliament to investigate the billion theft is of great help to the whole society. "Some things that have been hidden have appeared. With the change of government, I also saw prosecutors' actions regarding so-called seizures or blockages of certain assets even if they were already sold or with other owners. The prosecutors' inaction is a crime, in fact, because they had all the information available for many years, but they set up this corridor for people to leave or change their interests, properties, thus creating major obstacles for a genuine investigation that would give a chance to recover the funds taken out of the Republic of Moldova”, noted the expert.
The Romanian political commentator Armand Goșu believes that this parliamentary commission must come up from a political point of view to capitalize on what happened and to put pressure on the Prosecutor's Office to set out to work. "They (the members of the commission) are the only ones who can do something. The Prosecutor's Office is usually absent. If there were no political pressure on the Parliament and no such press conferences, if Alexandru Slusari (the chairman of the commission) were not so active on social networks, no progress would be made and the frustration of the population would increase even more. It's amazing what these people are doing here,” said Armand Goșu.