The lining of the roof of a shopping center situated at the intersection of the Chisinau streets Ismail and Dimitrie Cantemir started to burn at about 1pm on April 20. This was localized by firemen in about an hour.
Liliana Puscasu, press officer of the General Inspectorate for Emergencies, has told IPN that the persons who were inside the building were evacuated and no one was hurt. The area affected by the fire hasn’t been yet determined. The cause of fire is to be found out.
In January 2016, the roof lining of the same shopping center caught fire. It was then established that the fire started because the fire safety rules when using the ventilation shafts were violated.
Not long before the fire on Ismail St, a large fire started at the Zoology Institute of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova located in Telecentru quarter of Chisinau. The area was closed to traffic for a period. The fire was localized in over an hour.